Here is a summary of my photography goals for the remainder of 2017 …
GOAL #1 – KEEP LEARNING
My first goal is to continue to learn and grow in my skills and knowledge around my camera, as a photographer, and in using the tools and features of Lightroom.
- Camera Manual. I want to thoroughly review my Pentax K1 camera manual so that I am familiar with every button, knob, dial, and setting.
- Professional Photography Course. I want to review all of my course materials from the Professional Photography Course at the New York Institute of Photography.
- Lightroom. I want to work my way through a learning series on Lightroom to ensure I have a full grasp of LR and how to use it to the fullest extent.
GOAL #2 – KEEP SNAPPING
My second goal is to keep shooting more photos with a focus on classic cars, a 12-week personal challenge, and events/Americana.
- Classic Cars. I want to expand my collection of classic car photos by attending at least 5 classic car shows between now and the end of the year.
- Photo Challenge. I would like to complete a 12-week challenge where I concentrate my photography around different themes. Here is a list …
- week 1 – self portrait
- week 2 – the color blue
- week 3 – nature
- week 4 – bokehlicious
- week 5 – black & white
- week 6 – around the house
- week 7 – motion/movement
- week 8 – views/vistas
- week 9 – architecture
- week 10 – portrait/street
- week 11 – lines
- week 12 – the color green
- Events & Americana. I would like to expand my collection of Events and Americana by attending the annual Civil War Battle of Tunnel Hill (GA) and the Ketner’s Mill Festival.
GOAL #3 – KEEP EXPLORING
My third goal is to keep exploring new aspects of photography that I have little experience with or know little about.
- Lighting. I would like to purchase a flash and/or a lighting kit and start to experiment with how to use off the camera flash.
- Street Photography. I want to experiment with doing some street work; photographing people going about their day.
- Freelance Business. I want to concrete action steps to be/become a freelance professional photographer.
- Go Mirrorless. I’m interested in exploring mirrorless cameras and purchasing one as part of my gear.
I also want to print and display my photos instead of just viewing them on the web.
GOAL #4 – KEEP ENGAGED
My fourth goal revolves around keeping engaged with other photographers and with the global photographic community.
- PentaxForums. I want to increase my participation in pentaxforums.com by reading and posting more frequently and submitting to their weekly and monthly photo competitions.
- Social Media. I want to continue to post a couple of times per week to Facebook, Google +, Instagram, and my blog (wethersnaps.blog).
- Photography Role Models – Blogs. I would like to follow a series of photography role-models (at least 5) whose work I enjoy and admire.
- Competitions. I would like to enter at least 5 local/regional photography competitions in the coming year.
- Photography Club. I would like to explore joining or creating a club where I work or in the area where I live.